Distinctions - Credentials
Sioufas and Associates law firm strategically focuses on providing a healthy environment to all the people that are associated with its activities (e.g. its employees, its managers, contractors, or visitors). Since October 2020, it has been certified with the international standard ISO 45001, thus adopting an elaborate occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system. This certification attests to the preventive measures the firm systematically implements, in order to provide a healthy and safe work environment, while minimizing and eliminating (OH&S) risks and promoting its sustainability initiatives.
Sioufas and Associates law firm strategically focuses on systematically improving its enviromental performance. Since December 2021, it has been certified with the international standard ISO 14001. The specific standard is the most recognised world wide and the certification was conducted by the independent and internationally recognized TUV Hellas (certificate Number 042 21 0060).
This certification attests the effectiveness of the actions the firm systematically implements in order to reduce its environmental footprint and strengthens its performance as far as natular resources management is concerned.
Our Law Firm has been recommended as a leading law firm in Legal 500 EMEA rankings 2020.
Our dispute resolution and Intellectual Property teams of Lawyers have been ranked as leaders in their fields
DISPUTE RESOLUTION TIER 4
The ‘highly skilled’ lawyers at Sioufas & Associates Law Firm are noted for their ‘excellent work and great collaboration skills’. The team’s expertise includes IP, banking and finance, commercial, insolvency, employment and unfair competition disputes. Marios Sioufas heads up the department alongside Ioanna Rapsomaniki, who is “always up to date and on top of cases”.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY TIER 3
Sioufas & Associates Law Firm fields a team of ‘passionate individuals’ with ‘excellent knowledge of the subject matter’. Marios Sioufas oversees the department, and utilizes his experience in handling the registration, renewal and opposition of trademarks and designs before the Administrative Court of Greece and the EUIPO.
CIPP credential is the global industry standard for professionals entering and working in the field of privacy and demonstrates understanding of a principles-based framework and knowledge base in information privacy within the European context, including critical topics like the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and GDPR (including Mandatory DPOs).
Certified Metaverse Expert™
Metaverse is a shared, online 3D space where users can interact with each other and with computer-generated objects and avatars. The Metaverse opens up a whole new world of economic prospects, from virtual music events to NFT-based products, to name a few.
The certification provides a deeper understanding of the Metaverse and the emerging future of the Web. Sioufas and associates law firm can advise you for the legal implications and enable you to comprehend Metaverse in a more effective manner, giving you a significant advantage in the newly emerging digital world.
Certified Trademark Practitioner
- determining the correct sources of EU trade mark and Community design law to be applied to specific cases;
- presenting cases without procedural errors and with well-structured evidence;
- selecting appropriate types of trade mark according to the needs of the clients;
- preparing high-quality trade mark applications;
- identifying all potential absolute grounds for refusal;
- drafting effective responses to trade mark objection letters;
- effectively attacking or defending EUTMs on absolute and relative grounds for refusal;
- effective dispute resolution before the Boards of Appeal;
- managing the procedural issues arising during opposition, invalidity and appeal proceedings;
- filing a request for annulment before the General Court;
- understanding the system of judicial review before the Court of Justice;
- managing entries and amendments in the EUIPO Register;
- preparing high-quality design applications;
- identifying all potential grounds for Community design invalidity;
- drafting effective responses to Community design objection letters;
- effectively attacking or defending Community designs on grounds for invalidity.